Sony’s full frame mirrorless cameras have created a lot of buzz in the photography world, and they keep improving with each rendition. An in-depth look at the best FE- mount lenses for full frame mirrorless cameras from wide angle to telephoto. It’s true that the FE lens options of sony still are more limited than the offerings of Canon and Nikon cameras, but the collection is growing and far more impressive than it was even a year ago.
Best of Sony’s FE Lenses
Here are the break down of Sony full frame lenses, including zooms and primes from wide angle to telephoto.
- Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 GM – is the lens that made Sony’s full-frame mirrorless cameras truly competitive with Canon and Nikon DSLRs. Is super sharp, creates superb bokeh, and is extremely well built.
- Sony 16-35mm f/4 – It’s pretty much the whole package in a wide-angle zoom: impressive sharpness, reasonable levels of distortion, fast focusing, and a weather-sealed build for protection from the elements.
- Sony 55mm f/1.8 – Professionals and enthusiasts love the faster f/1.4 maximum aperture of the latter, but the 55mm f/1.8 offers great sharpness and is cheaper.
- Sony 85mm f/1.4 GM – It’s exceptional from an image quality standpoint, with superb sharpness all the way to the corners, lifelike bokeh, and build quality that we’ve come to expect from Sony’s “GM” series lenses.
- Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 – is the premier prime. It’s extremely sharp all the way to the corners, has little distortion, incredible color rendition, and fast autofocus.
- Sony 70-200mm f/4 – the lens is reasonably sharp, and distortion is present but not overwhelming.
- Sony 90mm f/2.8 – is outstanding from an optical perspective, offering excellent sharpness, depth of field, and color rendition.
- Sony 35mm f/2.8 – full-frame lenses are expensive, but the 35mm f/2.8 is priced decently and super lightweight at only 4.2 ounces. In terms of image quality it is sharp, focuses quickly and accurately, and has a sturdy build.
- Sony 50mm f/ 1.4 – super sharp even when wide open, produces creamy bokeh that you just can’t replicate with a slower lens, and boasts excellent build quality.
- Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 GM – the best Sony FE telephoto lens and very impressive in terms of image quality. Super heavy and expensive, not to mention the lack of inventory.