So what if a regular fridge is not your budget? It doesn’t mean that one has to forgo having a cool drink. This is where micro-fridge steps in. It is easy to transport so one can carry one’s cold beers anywhere as long as there is enough space in the back of the car. It fits in nicely in the kitchen and does not take up a lot of space. How to select one? Refer to some good micro fridge reviews and then make your decision. Here are varieties of micro fridge you must consider before making the purchase.
- Thermoelectric fridge: this is the simplest model and easily cools down the food or drinks. This one is cheap and reliable. They do not have a temperature controller. They are affordable and does not make any noise. However, they are not energy efficient.
- Mini Compressor Fridge:the capacity of this one is 65 gallons. Their consumption of electricity is twice than that of a thermoelectric fridge. They are heavy and vulnerable to shocks. They will also take up a lot of space in your car.
- Absorption Portable Mini Fridge: this type is the most energy-efficient ones in the lot. It does not have any strict power requirement. It is quiet. They operate both on gas and electricity. However, this one is very sensitive to shocks. So, if you are taking it on a road trip, make sure that you stick to only good roads. Also, the cost is way more than that of a thermoelectric one.
What are the configurations of a good micro fridge?
- Height: a four cubic feet tall micro or mini fridge can hold a lot of things and is practical. The thermostat is located in the fridge and the performance of the temperature is good.
- Two doors: this one comes with a separate freezer with its door. The thermostat is located in the freezer. It will cost around $240.
- Cube-shaped: this one is cube-shaped and is bare-bones boxes. They can offer only a few conveniences. They take up 2 cubic feet of space. They will cost around $130.
Features of the mini/micro fridge
- One must be able to move the shelves and door bins according to one’s needs. Opt for glass shelves and a door-mounted dispenser.
- One should be able to lock the door to ward off freeloading roommates, friends or colleagues.
Therefore, these are some of the key points from good micro fridge reviews.