28 Mar Your District Guide to Buying A Condo
Young professionals these days are in a rush to leave their family home and start buying their own. Thinking of moving out from the family home is an indication that you are willing to carry out the responsibilities of adulthood. Your parents couldn’t be more proud.
Buying a condo will be one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make next to marriage. Buying a condo can be a bit overwhelming but fun. The idea of having a place of your own is indeed fun. However, it is not as easy as you think for there are things that you need to consider. The first thing that you need to think about is the proximity of the place you are staying vis-à-vis where you are working.
If you are working in the Central Business District (CBD), most condos here are high-priced. If the price is an issue, you should consider nearby neighborhoods instead. The good thing about Singapore now is its interconnectedness. No matter where you are on the island, getting to the center is not a hard task to do. This is another way of saying you do not necessarily need to live near the CBD since you can easily access it.
To help you find good locations of condo units, start by learning the different districts. There are 28 districts in Singapore. Learn the first fifteen districts first and then start to find condos in the following locations:
- District 1 includes Boat Quay, Chinatown, Havelock Road, Marina Square, Raffles Place and Suntec City.
- District 2 includes Anson Road, Chinatown, Neil Road, Raffles Place, Shenton Way and Tanjong Pagar.
- District 3 includes Alexandra Road, Tiong Bahru and Queenstown.
- District 4 includes Keppel, Mount Faber, Sentosa and Telok Blangah.
- District 5 includes Buona Vista, Dover, Pasir Panjang, and Twin View West Coast.
- District 6 includes City Hall, High Street and North Bridge.
- District 7 includes Beach Road, Bencoolen Road, Bugis and Rochor.
- District 8 includes Little India, Farrer Park and Serangoon Road.
- District 9 includes Killiney, Leonie Hill, Orchard and Oxley.
- District 10 includes Balmoral, Bukit Timah, Grange Road, Holland, Orchard Boulevard, River Valley and Tanglin Road.
- District 11 includes Chancery, Bukit Timah, Dunearn Road and Newton.
- District 12 includes Balestier, Moulmein, Novena and Toa Payoh.
- District 13 includes Putong Pasir and Machpherson.
- District 14 includes Eunos, Geyland, Kembangan and Paya lebar.
- District 15 includes Katong, Maine Parade, Siglap and Tanjong Rhu.
Now that you know the districts, identifying a good location for the condo is easier. The districts have integrated parks, shopping malls, restaurants and cafes for your convenience.