13 Dec Making your Dogs more Giggling to Play with
Dog grooming equipment is very important so you can maintain with your dog’s grooming needs. One of them is the care of their hair and nails. Every time you shop for their supplies, don’t forget also to include your pet’s grooming equipment. It is important for them to be clean always as part of their health and well-being. It is also okay for your children or anyone in the house to play with them. There are few basic tools for grooming and you need to familiarize yourself with those.
Dog’s combs and brushes
Dogs have different types of hair. So, there are also various kinds of hair brushes for them available. Just pick the appropriate one for the type of hair they have. See the guidelines below so it is easier for you to choose the right brush or comb for your dog.
- Bristle type is ideal for soft to firm hair and from long to short hair. It works well for most types of dog’s hair.
- For medium to long hair, wire pin brushes are best for them
- In breaking up tangles and mats for medium to long-haired dogs, slicker brushes are recommended for them to use.
- Mat breakers or rakes work best on more severe mats and tangles.
- If you need something to remove excess hair from double-coated breeds and lower the shedding, pick the one that have appropriate teeth as the shedding tools. The Furminators and shedding blades are the common variations of it.
- For detecting fleas, the best equipment for this is called the Flea comb.
Trimming dog’s nails
Nail trims may be stressful for both the owners and the dogs. However, if you are knowledgeable about the techniques of the right tools, it can make the work easy. There are different types of trimmers anyway. A claw-style trimmer is used in cutting their nails in a scissor-like fashion. A guillotine trimmer has a disposable blade that cuts the dog’s nails once the handle of the spring-loaded is depressed. If you accidentally cut their nails too short, you can put a styptic powder to stop the bleeding. There is also a nail file that grinds down on the dog’s nails evenly and will give you a smooth edged nail as a result.
Happy and healthy pets
All the care and love you give to your pets can benefit you, your pets and your family. It can be a good example to others as well. It is some way to inspire and encourage others to give the same care as you did to your pet to theirs.