Ras el hanout is found in Morocco which is primarily a spice blend. They may comprise ingredients which may vary from ten to eighty. There is no fixed ingredient and depends on the merchants and the cook using them hence there are varieties of spice blends with different flavors. The common mixture includes cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and lavender.There are certain health benefits with different blend spices found across the world and each spice have their own nutrients constituents to it. However, the most popular spices in ras el hanout contain the following compounds.
Ras el hanout includes both nutmegs as well as mace. Mace is normally grown on nutmeg seed and hasa lot of different nutrients attached to it. There are higher concentrations of iron and calcium in mace. On the other hand, nutmeg consists of iron and calcium along with potassium and magnesium.
There are a lot of essential oils in Ras el hanout which are present at high levels. There are highly beneficial for your health. The most essential oils that help you provide the essential health are piperine, pinene, nutmeg, and oleic acid.
coriander contains a large amount of dietary fiber. There is a sufficient amount of fiber. With just 100g of coriander seeds, you can get about 42g of fiber. This fiber helps in preventing constipation and aiding the passage of stool.
You can use Ras el hanout in a lot of dishes. It could make the recipe that you make all the more delicious to eat. There are varieties of ways you can use it in your food. the great thing about Ras el hanout is that it provides all the above-mentioned nutrients to your diet. Hence without any doubt, you can have that included in your food. the most popular use of it is to have it on grilled lamb or chicken. This makes it all the more delicious to eat.
Spices are healthy ingredients that give a playful taste on any food. It brings an intense punch of flavor to your meal plan. They can make otherwise bland meals exciting especially when made with quality. Thus, low-calorie foods can be better when prepared with spice blends. Adding healthy herbs to any low-fat dishes is also another mix-up. So instead of using extra oil to your recipe, just add spices to make your food satisfying. Dieting does not mean giving up tasty foods. The key lies to the ingredients without using additives or preservatives. Use the natural blends in your pantry with these simple kitchen hacks.
Flavoring Up Bland Dishes
When on a diet, it is quite normal to have bland and boring dishes. But, that won’t be the case if you know how to experiment with your foods while keeping it healthy as possible. Adding fresh herbs and spices are one of the most effective ways to add flavor on a single dish. These seasonings are healthy enough that won’t affect your dietary plan. You can add them during the cooking process or at the final plate. Spices can completely change or improve the flavor profile on your usual boring dish. Especially with fresh herbs, they can add more flavor with almost zero calories to your food. Plus, they are easy to cook with and are versatile and tasty. So, here are some quick tips using spices and herbs to improve your dietary foods.
Turmeric Simple Egg
Are you familiar with turmeric? You can actually add them on simple egg dishes to keep a low calorie but tasty meal. It gives you ample protein content without a boring taste. Turmeric can give a little spice and some Indian cooking vibe in your food. Plus, it gives this unique taste that complements to scrambled egg. The natural flavors would somehow bring strong anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is a perfect spice for a low-calorie egg dish.
Gingering Your Salads
Ginger is a tasty plant used in traditional eastern cooking for centuries. This would enhance vitality and improve mood in all dishes. You can also try them for a quality cooking with a unique and powerful flavor. Ginger can be great as additives in any simple salads and curries. It gives a twist in stews and provides a unique potent taste without adding calories to your food. Plus, it has many positive health benefits aside from the improved taste of your food.
Spices are great flavors to a variety of dietary meals. It keeps low-calorie and improves the flavor to your meals. They are natural and safe from energy content. Thus, you can stick to your healthy foods with savory tastes.
Trail mix can be an extremely healthy snack full of antioxidants, good fats, and fiber. The term trail mix is a loosely defined mixture of dried fruits, nuts and sometimes other ingredients. You can get it from the grocery stores near you.
Making trail mixes can be fun and easy, especially for your kids. In fact, a large number of trail mixes on the market today are child friendly and are very healthy for you. There are many variations on this delicious blend and there are lots of fun ways to make it nutritious and good for the whole family.
Ingredients for the healthy trail mix snack recipe – There are three basic types you can use namely:
- Dried fruits – They are fruit from which the majority of the original water content has been removed. They contain many nutrients found in fresh fruit. They taste slightly different from their fresh counterparts. If possible, get dried fruits that do not contain sugar. You need to pick one or two of your favorite dried fruits.
- Nuts – A nut is a fruit made of an inedible hard shell and an edible seed. Nuts are rich in healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, fiber, antioxidants, and proteins. You need to choose two varieties of unsalted and raw nuts to enhance healthiness.
- Sweets – Adding some sweets makes the mixture more satisfying to eat. When you have a craving for something sweet, you can grab some trail mix like dark chocolate chips which are a great choice as they are packed with antioxidants and have low sugar content.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to eat and after having, store it in an airtight container. You can experiment with many different combinations of these three ingredients to find what you like.
Who doesn’t love cardamom trail mix?
Trail mix is a healthy snack that is loaded with healthy fats and nutrients from nuts and dried fruits. Most of the kids loves trail mix because they can add their favorite foods on it like chocolate chips, bits of caramel cookies, M&M’s, chocolate-coated raisins, and etc.
You can buy trail mix from the supermarket and online stores, however, most of them are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. So to make sure that you’re trail mix is much healthier, you can try making this super yummy snacks right at your kitchen.
How to Make Trail Mix
In order to make this healthy snack, you’ll be needing the following main ingredients:
- Nuts – Raw nuts are the best. You can eat them raw or fried and roasted them if you prefer a salted one.
- Seeds – Add some seeds on your trail mix, seeds have a lot of benefits too. Don’t add chia and flax seeds into it, because they’re so small. Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are the best option.
- Dried Fruits – If you want your trail mix to taste sweet, add a little bit of sweet dried fruit on your mix. It can be raisins, cherries, cranberries or apricots. Don’t forget to sprinkle some sea salt on your mix to add a delicious taste on it.
- Chocolate – Always avoid milk chocolate chips that are usually loaded with sugar. Remember, sugar is not healthy. Instead, you may use dark chocolate chips that have 70% cocoa.
- Add-ons – You may use organic popcorn, rice crackers, or oats to add some fun. Avoid using add-ons that have a lot of artificial ingredients on it. It is best if you stick on the organic one.
Mix and Match Detailed Ingredients
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- ¾ cup raw cashew nuts
- 5 raw chopped Brazil nuts
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds (salted optional)
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup air-popped popcorn (salted optional)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened dried cherries and raisins
- 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt
Trail Mixing Instructions
Make sure that nuts and other seeds have the same size, chopped them to achieve this. Sprinkle some sea salt to dried cherries and raisins, and after that sprinkle some also on the trail mix. Lastly, combine all the yummy ingredients on a bowl and enjoy!
The mix can last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container, put them on the fridge if you prefer a chilled trail mix.